Friday, January 20, 2012

Today's EXCITING Nature Walk

Well its Friday and even though I saw that there was a 90% chance of rain ALL day long, I was still convinced that we could get our nature walk in! (Besides, statistics in my class have shown, that when you have a nature walk following a couple of worksheets, your worksheet time will be cut in 1/2!)  So, that's what we did.  We wrapped up and headed outdoors to see what we could find this week.  The discovery that seemed to fascinated them most was...
ACORNS!

And even better...

an acorn with bright orange stuff inside!!

As we made our way on the trail around the perimeter of the campus, we reached approximately the furthest point from our classroom when, drip, drop, drip...that's right, it was beginning to rain!  We all started shouting "It's raining!" and running while Greta is saying, "Hold my hand Mrs. Marlita!" 

 So I held her hand while trying to keep up with the boys.  Then, to add to the excitement, Greta realized that she had ran right out of her shoe...in the rain!


As she runs back from retrieving her shoe, I can't resist the kodak moment! 

Thankfully, the rain stopped and we were able to enjoy the outdoors a little longer. 
Before we went in they requested that I take some more pictures of them playing together in the pinestraw.  They finally gave up on trying to find Knowlen and decided to take the picture without him!


I just wonder where he could have been!?!?!?
 ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment